Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • Cape Point Tour
  • AfricaCam Virtual Game Reserve
  • Google Earth
  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    Sunday, August 07, 2005

    Mutual Admiration?

    Enter a more tribal me.

    On my list of “Things to do Before I Die” you will find:

    “Be canvas for bodypainter” (oh paint me, please) (really).

    Tiger, snake, dragon, abstract, geometric, alien from another planet…latex? Either way it doesn’t matter. I’ve got time. It’s the journey I am interested in not the art. Surely there must be something intensely intimate in allowing somebody to paint your skin.

    The semi-erotic aspect of allowing your skin to be colored and patterned appeals to the sensual parts of me. The very act itself seems to invite a kind of vulnerability that is quite foreign to me. I think I could learn something about myself that would help me in other areas of my life. Am I starting to sound a bit New Age?

    By the way, none of this ties in with the point I am about to make.

    I would like to be transformed into a tiger because I can relate to the courage, stealth, and power of this magnificent animal, same for the snake and the dragon. I suppose I admire them. The alien is just for fun.

    I wonder if tigers in Siberia or India would fancy the chance to be painted to look just like us in a spirit of mutual admiration.

    I doubt it.

    I hope that we continue to need natural forces more than they ever need us. At least that way I know there is hope for the planet. Unfortunately the Custodian Ship is about to embark on its maiden voyage. Or so it would seem.

    4 Comments:

    At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i think it would be ideal if a tiger felt such a way for humans as we do for them. Envy for this animal and other animals of its kind has lessoned thousands and thousands of them each year; by humans; the enviers. I dont think that they would ever want to be human. Such a selfish creature.

     
    At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Anon

    That was a good point. It is the envy of animals that damns them? and then the selfish trinkets we choose to believe make us like them? As good as them? Interesting points. well said..thanks for reading

     
    At 2:39 PM, Blogger sarah said...

    i don't blame you.

    something about it is incredibly sexy and sensual and spiritual at the same time.

     
    At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yes I wonder if it goes back to our ancestral ways, where painting and adorning the body was just...normal...same with tatoos and body piercing..

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Blogarama - The Blogs Directory